February 10, 2023 | by Raw Personal Training | Lifestyle,
How to improve sleep quality?
Do you wake up feeling exhausted even though you went to bed at a decent time and tried to get enough sleep? 🥱
Establishing healthy sleep habits is important for the body to function normally, and for your overall health. Getting quality sleep is just as crucial to the body’s biological clock as eating your meals on time and getting proper nutrition.
Sleeping 7-8 hours does not necessarily mean that the sleep you are getting is of QUALITY.
- Are you falling asleep within 15 minutes?
- Do you sleep through the night without waking up at all, not even to pee? We should not be waking up at all throughout the night.
- Do you wake up without an alarm clock?
- Do you wake up feeling well-rested?
If you’ve answered no to ONE of the above, improving your sleep quality is something you might want to look at.
Here are a few tips to improve your sleep:
- Keep a regular schedule
Go to bed, and wake up at the same time every day
- Keep it cool and comfortable Being too hot or too cold is sure to wake you up in the middle of the night or prevent you from falling asleep in the first place
- Don’t go to bed too full, and don’t go to bed too hungry.
A diet high in sugar, saturated fat and processed carbs can disrupt your sleep
- Keep your room dark
Utilise an eye mask or black-out blinds
- Less screen time
Limit the use of technology (TV, phones, computer) at least 30 min before bed
- Daily exercise
Getting proper exercise during the day can help you sleep at night by helping to reduce stress and improve your overall health
Better sleep can not only enhance physical, mental, and emotional health but also generate the energy and self-regulation necessary to achieve other goals!
Learn how to manage your sleep and stress today. Click here to book a free consultation or WhatsApp to learn more.